This course satisfies the California Vehicle Code driver education requirements for students to obtain a DMV learners permit and drivers license. Designed for high school freshmen and sophomores in all areas of California. Below are the required courses to obtain a driving permit and a license. All courses are a state requirement for anyone that is younger than 18 years old.
Drivers Education is a course which prepares the student for the written examination consisting of 46 questions with 3 possible answers, student with 9 or more incorrect answers will fail the examination and must wait 1 week for another try.
You must be at least 15 1/2 years old to apply at the DMV but able to start the course at 15 years old.
What you will need:
‣ Obtain parent/guardian signature on the DMV application form.
‣ Present a original birth certificate or certified copy from the county of birth or current passport and 2 proofs of California residency.
‣ Pass the DMV written test.
‣ Pay 33 dollars fee to DMV.
‣ Submit your OL237 form (certificate of classroom completion).
Behind the Wheel Lessons
Students of all ages that have been looking to learn safe driving technique, can now safely get behind the wheel with one of our patient, friendly and professional driving instructors.
Once you receive your permit please contact our office to arrange an appointment for your first driving lesson.
What you will get:
‣ Private one-on-one lessons.
‣ 3 two hour lessons (6 hours total required for teens).
‣ 6 days a week availability, including evenings.
‣ Free Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service from home or school.
*Additional lessons available, please contact us.
Eligibility for Driver License Test
‣ Minimum 16 years old.
‣ Minimum 6 months waiting period with permit.
‣ 6 Hours with Licensed Driving Instructor.
‣ 50 Hours Drive Time with Parent/Guardian/Adult.
The permit is not valid until the student starts the Behind The Wheel Driver Training with a licensed driving instructor.